Experienced Minnesota Immigration Lawyer Committed to Protecting Your Rights
Dedicated legal support for clients from across the globe
The United States has long been considered the land of opportunity for people from around the world who seek to live and work here. But strict immigration laws can prevent you from starting or continuing your new life in America unless you are guided by an experienced and knowledgeable legal advocate. At Marcus-Jarvis Law Limited in Brooklyn Park, we have been helping clients with all types of immigration matters — from straightforward visa applications to complex deportation defense cases — for more than a decade. We understand your anxiety as you try to navigate the immigration process and work tirelessly to alleviate your concerns and resolve your case. Whether you are seeking asylum, employment-based immigration, or an EAD work permit, we tailor our representation to meet the unique needs of your case.
Knowledgeable attorney helps you resolve difficult immigration issues
Throughout our immigration law practice, we have learned that no two cases are ever the same. Our clients come from many different countries and require varying levels of legal support. In Minnesota, and around the world, immigration clients choose our firm because we provide:
- Sympathy for your situation — As a naturalized citizen, attorney Marcus A. Jarvis understands what it means to be an immigrant and can relate to your situation. Our firm recognizes that your desire to live or work here can be met with obstacles, which is why we leave no stone unturned in guiding you through the legal process.
- Protection for your rights — The moment you retain our services, we begin protecting your rights. Whether you need us to build you a strong deportation defense or help you obtain a work visa, we guide you in the right direction.
- Knowledgeable staff to assist you — Our firm comprises of highly trained staff who have a deep understanding of immigration law and can communicate in English, Spanish and Polish.
When you request our help with any immigration matter, we respond immediately by offering a free initial consultation and provide you with trusted advice on how to move forward. Mr. Jarvis’s commitment to immigration law extends to educating other immigration lawyers: he offers Continuing Legal Education seminars to colleagues who wish to advance their knowledge in this rapidly evolving field.
Comprehensive immigration law counsel in Minnesota
Our firm represents domestic and international clients in the following areas of immigration law:
- Visas — We help clients obtain different types of immigrant and nonimmigrant visas. Whether you wish to bring family members here through a family-based immigration visa, to bring workers here through business-based or employment-based visas, or seek a permanent worker visa because of a specialized skill or educational degree, we guide you through the application process in a simplified manner.
- Green cards — Whether obtained through family affiliation, job, or refugee or asylee status, green cards enable immigrants to become permanent residents. We advise clients on the process and procedure of getting a green card.
- Asylum and refugee status — If you fear for your safety in your native country because of your race, religion, nationality, or political ideology, and you are already in the United States, you may wish to seek asylum here. If you are a refugee living outside of your country who seeks a referral to come to the United States, we can help. We work to protect your rights and help you find safety by applying for refugee status or asylum.
- Citizenship — We have firsthand experience with the naturalization process. Our first goal is to review your situation to determine whether you are eligible to become a citizen. Then we help you to accurately fill out the required paperwork for your citizenship application.
- EAD work permits — Depending on your visa status, you may need an employment authorization document, or EAD card, to work in the United States. Having handled countless immigration cases, we understand the EAD process and can help you obtain your temporary work permit.
- Deportation defense — If you are facing deportation for any reason, you need immediate and experienced legal help. Whether you are being deported for an alleged crime or because of an expired visa, you can count on us to provide you with a strong deportation defense.
Immigration issues must be dealt with immediately and by competent counsel. At our firm, we respond promptly to your call and provide you with skilled representation regardless of the complexity of your case.
Contact a reputable Minnesota immigration lawyer
Marcus-Jarvis Law Limited provides comprehensive immigration law services to clients in Minnesota and around the world. Please call 612-504-3984 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation at our Brooklyn Park office. Nosotros hablamos español. Mówimy po polsku.